Today is Earth Day! Most of you who read this blog are already active and concerned for the environment. Thank you for all your efforts!
But I’ll bet there is still that project or two that’s been nagging at the back of your brain. Make this weekend your weekend to get it done:
· Start that compost bin. It’s really not that difficult, and it can provide great exercise. Visit TrEES' Going Green Pages for more tips on how to get it done.
· Plant a native tree. I know it’s not always easy to find a place, there’s little space left in the urban areas for greenery, but you can do it! I’ve got to get my sapling in the ground, too.
· Fix that leaking tap. The drip, drip, drip has been annoying you for weeks now.
· Reduce your air-con usage. Try to bring your aircon up one or 2 degrees. Try to reduce the number of hours you use the air con in one day. This will save you a bundle of cash, too, when you have to pay your next electric bill!
· Put that reusable Tupperware & cloth bag in your car so it’s ready for use anytime….and don’t be shy to use it.
· Make a day trip to one of the many beautiful sites at Taman Negeri Selangor, instead of the shopping mall this weekend! A picnic by the river makes for a wonderful family experience. There's a whole list of sites to visit on this blog: Recreation Sites In & Around the Park
Earth Day is a celebration of the wonderful things the Earth provides us with – water, oxygen, plants and animals, and so much more. Let’s all celebrate and give thanks!